“Personal Information” means any unique information or set of information that could be used to identify or contact an individual, such as the individual’s name, title, mailing address, email address, phone number, employer/profession, login information, password, payment card information or other specific types of personal information.
1. Types of Information and Collection Methods
Information Submitted by You
You may be asked to provide Personal Information anytime you are in contact with Devgate. Devgate may collect Personal Information about you (and through third parties or other sources where permitted by law) when you interact with us, such as creating or registering for an account, using our products and services, downloading our software, requesting information, requesting notifications for service bulletin or products and services updates, participating in surveys, submitting a job application or when you otherwise actively send us data and Personal Information. In each such instance, you will know what data we collected because you voluntarily submitted it. You are not required to provide any Personal Information that we have requested, but if you chose not to do so, you may not be able to access certain content on our Website or products and services offered or we will not be able to respond to any inquiries you may have or process your orders.
You may also submit technical information to Devgate such as designs, ideas or data, that you transmit to or post on any of our Website for purposes not limited to contest participation. Such submission is considered and treated by Devgate as nonconfidential and nonproprietary. By providing these submissions, you grant Devgate a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicensable right to disseminate, display, use, modify, copy, adapt, and translate the submission for any purpose whatsoever, whether commercial or noncommercial, throughout the world in any media. You also grant us the right to use the name you submit in connection with your submission, if we choose. You represent and warrant in making these submissions that you own or control all rights to these submissions, and that use of your submissions will not cause injury to any person or entity including Devgate. You will indemnify us for all claims resulting from your submissions.
If you choose to provide Devgate with a third party’s personal information (such as name, email, and phone number), you represent and warrant that you have the third party’s permission to do so. Examples include forwarding reference or marketing material to a friend or sending job referrals.
Information Collected Through Third-Party Sources
We may also collect information about you through our trusted third-party sources to assist us in providing product and service offerings to you.
Information Automatically Collected
Like many other websites, Devgate uses automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links, web beacons, gifs and other similar technologies. These tools automatically collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our Website when you visit our Website or use our Services, such as your domain name, your browser type, operating system, web pages you view, links you click, your IP address, the length of time you visit our Website or use our Services, the referring URL or the webpage that led you to our Website. Please see the section “Cookies and Similar Technologies” below for more information.
We and the third parties we engaged to provide services on our behalf may combine the information we collect from you over time and across our Website with Personal Information that you actively submit, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
2. How We May Use Your Information
We may use your information for purposes of operating our business and other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law. We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To communicate with you about our products or services, respond to your inquiries, fulfill and process your request for our products and services, including helping you to complete transactions, process payments, and other customer service purposes.
- To enable you to use certain features of our product and services
- To administer the careers portion of the Website and process your application.
- To better understand how visitors use our Website and products and services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Website and products and services and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To send communications to you, either from Devgate directly or from our partners, including for marketing, newsletters, promotions, customer satisfaction surveys purposes and other communications related to our business, including information about our solutions we think may interest you. You can edit your communication preferences for receiving marketing emails as further explained below.
3. How We Share Your Information
We are not in the business of selling or sharing your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes unless you have granted us permission to do so. We may share and use your Personal Information as described below:
- With our affiliates and subsidiaries worldwide.
- With third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents as required to perform specific purposes on our behalf. Examples are not limited to delivering packages, processing credit card payments, checking for export compliance, and providing customer service. They have access to customer information to perform their jobs, but may not use it for other purposes.
- To geographically or sectorally relevant resellers and/or distributors, particularly if you or your company have purchased through a third party before. These companies and persons often provide service to Devgate’s customers. They have access to customer information to perform their jobs, which is not limited to marketing Devgate products, but may not use it for other purposes.
- To comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order or a subpoena other legal processes, such as requests from public and governmental authorities or law enforcement, or to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- In connection with a prospective or actual sale, merger, transfer or other reorganization of all or parts of our business.
If you do not wish us to share your information as described below, you may choose not to supply any Personal Information to us when entering information into your account profile on our Website or by not placing orders for our products and services.
We reserve the right to fully use and share information on an aggregated basis, which is not personally identifiable about the user, with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Devgate | Semiconductor & System Solutions | Power Matters
Provider of semiconductor and system solutions for aerospace & defense, communications, data center and industrial markets.
DevGate – Your Gateway to Technical Solutions